Fennel infused Tasty Trout on a bed of Rocket & Avocado
This yummy trout will show you what all the fuss has been about!
WHAT YOU NEED
- Medium sized fry pan
- Small fry pan
- 1 fresh trout fillet (wild – sustainably caught)
- 2 handfuls of rocket
- 2 handfuls of mushrooms
- 1/2 an avocado
- Salt & pepper
- Dash of cold pressed olive oil or a bit of butter
1. Slice mushrooms
2. Chop fennel
3. Thinly slice/cube avocado
1. Place your small fry pan onto a medium heat with a dash of oil or butter, add your trout fillet, cook until your desired texture (we recommend 3-4 mins on either side)
2. Place your medium fry pan onto a medium heat with a dash of oil or butter, add mushrooms and cook until lightly golden (5-6mins).
3. Remove trout from the pan de-bone and delicately break the trout into flakes. Lightly toss the trout through the mushrooms with coarsely chopped fennel.
4. Pop your rocket and avocado on a plate, add your mushrooms and trout.
Serve with a slice of lemon to zest things up & a fennel garnish