This is great one to have in the fridge or freezer ready to go.
You need chicken stock already made to make this sauce. If you already have some nice tomato sauce prepared you can add the meatballs to that instead of this sauce which is pretty basic.
For the Sauce
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Dried Oregano
- Chilli flakes
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- ½ cup of homemade chicken stock
For the Meatballs
- 500g lean turkey mince
- 1 x brown onion
- 1 x egg
- Black pepper
- 4 cup of bread crumbs of your choice (although you don’t need these at all).
Get the sauce cooking.
- Heat a dash of olive oil, 2 cloves of garlic (crushed), 1 teaspoon of dried oregano and pinch of chilli flakes. Cook for a minute of two on low heat.
- Add 2 x 400gram cans of diced tomatoes and ½ cup of chicken stock (homemade if you have it) and simmer on a low heat while you make the meatballs.
Make the meatballs.
- Mix 500grams of turkey mince with 1 onion (finely chopped), 1 egg (beaten), ¼ teaspoon of black pepper, ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon and any other spices.
- Roll tablespoonsful of the mixture into balls.
- Cover and put in the fridge for 15 minutes.
Add the meatballs to the sauce.
- Add the meatballs to the simmering tomato sauce and simmer, uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve with vegetables or salad.
- 2 of these are great as a snack.
- Add 1 or 2 of these to eggs and veggies in the morning for something different