Carrot cake bliss balls Warning these are addictive!
I’m kinda wishing I never made these… because now I can’t stop!! I’ve always loved rum balls and carrot cake and muesli – so here’s a healthy fusion of the three 🙂 Enjoy and I warned you!
- 1 large carrot – grated
- 6 -8 medjool dates – take out the pip (NOTE: I use 6 – you can use more, it just depends how sweet you like it. Medjool dates are more moist and delicious than other dates – so you can use others but they may not taste as good)
- 1 cup of muesli (I use this homemade muesli, if you don’t have muesli, use a mix of dry ingredients like: oats, almonds, walnuts, coconut flakes, pepitas, chia seeds and linseeds. If all else fails just use oats although nuts and seeds add more taste in there for a bit more flavor)
- 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1.5 tablespoons of coconut oil (if you don’t have this just use water)
- 1 tablespoon of water
- some dessicated coconut to roll the balls in
- Throw everything in a blender or food processor and blend! (If you’re using a blender you may need to move the mix around between blending it to move the mix around as it is pretty dense. If it isn’t mixing add a little more water. If you add too much water – add some more dry ingredients).
- Taste the mixture once it has been mixed and decide if you want to add more cinnamon, carrot, dates, dry ingredients etc – experiment and decide what is best for your taste buds!
- Roll the mixture into balls and then roll in dessicated coconut to coat. This mix makes about 8 balls.
- Pop them in the fridge to firm up and eat when cool!
- You can also put these in the freezer and have frozen! YUM! (Or defrost them before you eat them).
- I’m told they are a yummy dessert when mixed with berries and yoghurt too.