Coconut Poached Salmon YUM!
Poaching salmon keeps it very moist and infuses it with a yummy coconut flavour. Even though in this recipe you are poaching in coconut milk, the poaching liquids are discarded, so minimal fats are left. This is also a great recipe if you don’t like the taste of fish or are new to seafood!
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 can of coconut milk
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
2. In a large saucepan, bring the coconut milk to the boil (watch it as coconut milk doesn’t really boil it bubbles and explodes)!
3. Meanwhile in an ovenproof dish place the two salmon fillets.
4. Pour the boiling coconut milk into the oven proof dish covering the salmon fillets (if the salmon fillets are not covered then the dish is too big). 🙂
5. Pop in the oven to cook for 20-25 minutes (depending on your oven).
6. Remove the salmon from the milk when cooked and serve beside some beautiful greens and roasted veggies of your choice.