Mind and Body Brush Challenge!
We spend a couple of minutes brushing our teeth everyday – what about the rest of our body and our minds!? This challenge is to spend 5 minutes a day on this.
3 minutes – Mind Brush (Option 1)
- 1.5 minutes of brain dump! Just write down everything and anything that is on your mind. (Spend longer than 1.5 minutes if you can)
- 1.5 minutes on you – the aspirational and inspirational you. Want you want, what you are, what you will be. It doesn’t have to be 100% correct, just write what comes out. Think Bruce Lee’s – Here it is.
3 minutes – Mind Brush (Option 2)
- 1 minute of conscious breathing.
Put your hands on your chest and belly. Take a deep breath in through the nose, into your lungs and into your belly. Hold for a second. Then slowly breath out through the mouth. Repeat.
- 30 seconds on what you love and are grateful for about yourself personally.
- 30 seconds on on what you love and grateful for in the world. Can be anything!
- 30 seconds on things, memories, people, places and things that make you smile and laugh.
- 30 seconds on things you can do or say to reduce stress, pressure, tension and worry when it creeps into your day.
2 minutes – Body Brush
Spend at least 2 minutes a day working on our strength, flexibility or movement pattern. We will be generally be focusing on our core, back and squats. Each day choose any video that appears on the page and give it a go.
#1 Deep Squat and Plank
#3 The Squat
#6 Mid Back
#7 Side Plank
#8 Scapula Control
#11 Neck Awareness
#12 Straight leg drops
#13 TA Activation
#14 Hip Flexor Stretch
#15 Pelvic Tilt and curl